The University Prep Center takes pride in issuing awards to deserving students on a yearly basis! We have created our very own merit based awards in order to help out our members in their pursuit of a college education.
We understand the importance of preparing financially for school, and we know that every penny counts. Please take a minute to review the contest rules and regulations, and feel free to contact our award winning customer service if you need any help or have any questions regarding the contest. The University Prep Center ("Sponsor") offers the following awards to our members only:
Eligibility: All applicants must have participated in The University Prep CenterÕs online continuing education. Student must complete our study course, and show at least a 10% increase in their overall test score, from the PSAT (or 1st SAT/ACT) to the SAT/ACT.
1) 3 awards of $500.00 each
2) 2 awards of $1,000.00 each
3) 1 GRAND PRIZE award of $1,500.00
*All awards issued are subject to the terms and conditions outlined below.
1) All applicants must be enrolled in the "Continuing Education" online service provided exclusively to our members.
2) All applicants must mail or fax a copy of their original PSAT (SAT or ACT if taking a second time) scorecard to UPC. Only copies of the original scorecard will be accepted. Please mail entry to: 3443 Camino Del Rio South STE 201, San Diego, CA, 92108, Attention: Award Department. Or simply fax a copy of the scorecard to: 619-330-4700.
3) The member must complete our study course using the Express CD ROM purchased from UPC.
4) The member must then take the SAT or ACT test.
5) Once the official SAT or ACT test is completed, the member must mail or fax UPC a copy of the official scorecard. Only official documents will be accepted.
6) Please include a brief success letter describing your experience using the study materials and our exclusive online scholarship service. (This information may be used as part of our "Testimonials," section on our website)
7) The University Prep Center will issue a total of 5 Awards per year. Each award winner will be randomly chosen. Each applicant must show an improvement of at least 10% from their original PSAT scorecard to enter the contest.
Selection of Potential Winners: The contest selection is random.
Prizes: The University Prep Center will issue a total 5 awards per year. The amounts of the awards are (3) $500.00 five hundred dollars and no cents, (2) $1,000.00 one thousand dollars and no cents, and (1) $1,500.00 fifteen hundred dollars and no cents. Applicants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this contest and acceptance, possession and use of Award Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the award, or in the announcement of the Contest winner. Taxes on prizes are sole responsibility of the Award Recipients. Award Recipients will be issued the proper tax forms.
Privacy: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge that the Sponsor and its related companies may also call and/or send you information it thinks may be of interest to you.
Dispute Resolution: Except where prohibited, by participating, Applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of California and Applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this contest, Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this award contest, or awarding of the award, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
Sponsor: This contest and its awards are sponsored by The University Prep Center. 3443 Camino Del Rio South STE 201, San Diego, CA, 92108.